Join as a City Partner
Become a City Partner by:
- Launching a local campaign under the slogan ‘I’m a City Changer’ to engage individual citizens, communities, local authorities, civil society organizations, professionals, and private sector actors to promote positive individual and collective actions towards a green, inclusive, productive, planned, resilient, safe, and healthy city;
- Organizing events as part of the local campaign that raise awareness of and promote successful practices and accomplishments in achieving green, inclusive, productive, planned, resilient, safe, and healthy city;
- Sharing successful practices and experiences through the World Urban Campaign in order to contribute to the New Urban Agenda towards Habitat III, the Third United Nations Conference on Human Settlements to be held in 2016;
- Promoting the principles and disseminating the key messages of the World Urban Campaign, working towards sustainable cities and urban communities worldwide;
- Engaging in other proposed activities that promote the Campaign spirit and principles. Cities commit by signing a Statement of Commitment.
The spirit of “I’m a City Changer” is about sharing solutions both at the local and global levels. The City Partner will be entitled to participate in key World Urban Campaign events. In particular, the City Partner will be able to participate in the World Urban Forum, the World Premier Conference on Cities, organised by UN-Habitat every two years. The City Partner will be listed in the Special World Urban Campaign Booth in the World Urban Forum Exhibition Area, and will be able to participate in key World Urban Campaign events organised at the Forum and other venues.
The City Partner platform promotes the search for unique and innovative solutions sparked by local proposals, while inspiring change through sharing experiences from around the world.
The City Partner, in accordance with the principles of the World Urban Campaign and in respect to intellectual property rights, will support the documentation, dissemination, and sharing of relevant best practices and experience that could be of benefit to other City Partners and Members of the Campaign.
The Partner will contribute to the development and generation of new knowledge in support of sustainable urban development and within the framework of the World Urban Campaign in its six thematic clusters:
- A Planned City
- A Green City
- A Productive City
- An Inclusive City
- A Resilient City
- A Safe and Healthy City
Communications and Outreach
The City Partner shall launch a local campaign under the banner of ‘I’m a City Changer,’ using local slogans adapted to the specific context, and supporting a green, inclusive, productive, planned, resilient, safe, and healthy city. The City Partner shall undertake specific campaign activities along the Campaign road map toward the Habitat III Conference. Events such as public forums, exhibitions, city walks, sport events, concerts and competitions, shall help engage individual citizens, communities, local authorities, civil society organizations, professionals, and private sector actors to identify solutions to urban challenges and to raise awareness about positive change.
The City Partner will endeavor to disseminate and communicate the key messages, goals, and principles of the Campaign in its regular communications and outreach activities, including its website(s), relevant publications, events, and public relations material. The Partners will be listed on the World Urban Campaign interactive website, on the specific City Partners page, together with the web link. The City Partner’s local campaign activities will be shared on the World Urban Campaign interactive website. The City Partner will be able to use the ‘I’m a City Changer’ logo to brand for local campaign activities, and the World Urban Campaign and ‘I’m a City Changer’ logos on its own website.