The World Urban Campaign Secretariat invites interested applicants to submit their candidatures for the World Urban Campaign Steering Committee positions from Thursday 7 April to 29 April 2022 (midnight CET).
The presentation of candidates and elections will be held online with the announcement of results on 24 June 2022.
This call is open to all WUC partner organizations (listed HERE). Please note that individuals applying must represent their organization. A letter from their organization confirming their candidacies to represent their organization is required. The Secretariat will receive letters and acknowledge receivable candidacies.
· Two Co-Chairs, Steering Committee
· Two chairs for each of the following constituencies:
1. Local and Sub-national Authorities
2. Research and Academia
3. Civil Society Organizations
4. Grassroots Organizations
7. Children and Youth
8. Business and Industries
9. Foundations and Philanthropies
12. Trade Unions and Workers
14. Indigenous People
16. Older Persons
Applicants are requested to follow the procedure described hereafter.
To apply, you need:
· To complete the application form (HERE) to introduce the candidate with experience relevant to the position.
· To send you motivation letter signed by the head of the organization confirming their candidacy to represent their organization sent by email to UNHabitat-WUC@un.org.
The names of candidates with their statements of interest will be published online on the WUC website before 30 May 2022. The voting will start from 30 May to 20 June 2022.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information,
Many thanks and kind regards,